Next amrita teacher training begins September 1st, 2017
Join Sarahjoy for an information session on July 11th, 6 – 7pm. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 – 2018 DATES
September 1 – 4, 2017
October 6 – 9, 2017
October 27 – 29, 2017
January 26 – 28, 2018
This is a program that truly develops incredible teachers!!
Teaching yoga is an art and a science. It is a conversation, a dance, an interpersonal reciprocity between teacher and students. Join Sarahjoy and her training team as you develop your knowledge and your skill set as well as your personal artistry as a teacher.
Your life informs your yoga, your yoga informs your life. Out of that dance arise your perspective, your passion, your voice, and your teaching style! Combined with the systemotology of amrita yoga, you can be confident in your yoga and teaching methodology as well as the heart (and mind) you’ll bring to all of your relationships with your students.
amrita yoga is a form of vinyasa yoga with influences from Ayurveda, physical therapy, neuroscience, yoga philosophy and psychology, pranayama, and mindfulness. amrita yoga emphasizes the bio-mechanics of alignment, anatomy, kinesiology, and rehabilitative processes. Click here to learn more about the style of amrita yoga.
- This program begins with developing a strong foundation in alignment principles and then builds on the skills and techniques for teaching yoga. The course runs for 6 months.
- This training is a registered program with the Yoga Alliance. You will receive a certificate when you complete the curriculum requirements. This certificate also qualifies you to apply for a 200-hour certification with the Yoga Alliance
- Teacher training students will meet eight times (Friday/Saturday and two extended weekends) over the course of 6 months for yoga asana, philosophy, pranayama, mindfulness, and meditation.
- Along with deepening your own practice you will learn teaching techniques and alignment principles, use of language, observation skills, hands on adjustments, demonstration skills, and sequencing strategies, and discuss in group format yoga philosophy and the practice of yoga on and off the mat.
- Each session includes instruction in alignment principles; practice of yoga asana; core teaching skills: use of language + voice tone, sequencing, hands-on adjustments, therapeutics, observation, demonstrations, discussion of teaching methodologies + philosophies, teaching exercises in small and large groups; and homework assignments.
Each session includes instruction in alignment principles; practice of yoga asana; core teaching skills: use of language + voice tone, sequencing, hands-on adjustments, therapeutics, observation, demonstrations, discussion of teaching methodologies + philosophies, teaching exercises in small and large groups; and homework assignments.
This training is a registered program with the Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of curriculum requirements, you will receive a certificate that qualifies you to apply for a 200-hour certification with the Yoga Alliance.
- Dharma study groups
- Anatomy Videos and Quizzes
- Class observation assignments
- Assigned reading + book reports
- Teaching a Public Class
- Weekly Classes
“The 200 hour teacher training with Sarahjoy was one of the most profound experiences of my life. Sarahjoy has tremendous depth of knowledge of yoga philosophy, asana and teaching methods. Even though I had been teaching for a number of years already, I gained much more knowledge on every level through this training.”
“Learning with Sarahjoy is a deep exploration & expansion of yourself, your practice and how you can best share your gifts with the world. Recommended for yogis of any level.”
“The breadth and depth of the teacher training with Sarahjoy transformed my life! As a result, I changed not only my career but also my way of interacting with myself and the world.”
“It’s difficult to choose the most useful as all aspects have been so helpful. I have never studied with a teacher who could explain these things in such a clear, comprehensible way… This training was expertly organized and executed… Any workshop with Sarahjoy is well worth your time! Sarahjoy has a very clean and comprehensible way of explaining materials from anatomy to the Yoga Sutras…”
Total Program Cost: $2,750*
Early bird discount: receive $250 off is application is submitted by July 31, 2017
Deposit: $500 upon application approval
Email email@example.com for application support and more information.