Enjoy the combination of a beautiful sacred space to practice yoga, immersion in tropical beauty and being part of village life. The combination of yoga, meditation, Ayurveda, pranayama, chanting, dharma talks, walking, hiking, ocean, river, tropical nature and being part of this Mexican village life affirms Yoga’s ultimate theme of Oneness.
Yelapa, reached only by boat, takes people back in time enhancing the feeling of “getting away from it all” and invites participants to remember the simple life. The Sky Temple offers a sacred space deeply connected to nature for yogi’s to enjoy. Find a sense of grounding in this other cultural world steeped in nature.
Enjoy beautiful views of both the ocean and the jungle from the venue each day. The mountain side setting holds both expansive views with the wonderful sounds of the constant lap of the ocean and the sights and songs of tropical birds enjoying the trees surrounding the studio.
Yogi’s here are welcomed with smiles and have fun exchanging friendly greetings of “Hola” on the path. Over the years, the visiting yogi’s have become appreciated visitors in Yelapa. Our evenings will be spent enjoying the best village hot spots for dining. Judith’s, native village family, right in the center of the village, invites the whole group to a Taco Buffett Dinner with music and hot tortillas fresh off the fire made by hand held in their back yard.
**Our week will be taking place in a Mexican village reached only by boat. We’ll combine our yoga study with exploring the different parts of this tropical remote village which includes lots of walking and hiking.**
- 1-night lodging in Puerto Vallarta double occupancy + 6 -nights lodging in Yelapa overlooking beach(Each casa is beautifully tiled with an ocean view, a kitchen, bathroom and variety of sleeping areas, filtered water for use all week and a personal lock box for valuables.)
- Private round-trip boat transportation from Puerto Vallarta to Yelapa
- All transfer of luggage from hotel in PV to boat and then Yelapa lodging and return to PV.
- Daily light breakfasts enjoyed in the privacy of your own casa in the mornings before yoga.
- Delicious Mexican lunches made up of authentic Mexican food filled with fresh vegetables cooked by the Sky Temple family.
- Group dinners in the village and a closing dinner in the Sky Temple.
- A closing breakfast over looking the bay at the lovely Café Bahia before getting on the boat.
- A guided hike up river out of the village into the tropical jungle waterfall.
- Daily guided practice and teachings pranayama, chanting, meditation, yoga asana, yoga philosophy, Ayurveda, art therapy, dharma study groups and more with Sarahjoy and Jay.
Cost Does Not include:
- Transportation in Puerto Vallarta
- Meals in Puerto Vallarta: Participants pay for arrival dinner and breakfast in PV the next morning.
- Boat travel apart from the group: Participants using other boats will have to pay for their own travel. It’s best to have everyone travel together on the boat.
- Massage services.
- 1 Lunch and 2 Dinners in Yelapa: These evenings and afternoon are offered as time to explore the village and nearby beaches.
Download Itinerary and trip information below (PDF format):
Limited Group Size
RSVP By Email to Support@sarahjoyyoga.com
Date(s) - 03/10/2018 - 03/17/2018