Weekend Series w/Kira Rafuse
November 13th - 15th 2020
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Your registration will be on a sliding scale with a donation for
Prison Yoga Outreach and Teacher Training Programs.
Deepen your knowledge of Sanskṛit and gain a comprehensive understating of the ancient language of yoga and the Vedic sciences with this weekend workshop. All levels are welcome to join this live virtual learning course. This course will fill your heart with bliss as we joyfully embrace the sacred vibrations of Sanskṛit, the language of Yoga. Students will learn the correct and precise pronunciation of the Sanskṛit alphabet giving them a foundation for yoga asana postures, mantras, and chanting. This approach will be fun and lighthearted as we immerse ourselves in the powerful vibrations of each Sanskrit sound.
This course will allow students to:
- Deepen their knowledge of Sanskṛit, the ancient language of yoga and the Vedic sciences.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the Sanskrit Alphabet.
- Learn how Sanskṛit helps them along the Yogic path and grasp the subtleties of Yoga.
- Develop a foundation for how to correctly pronounce 25+ common words in Sanskṛit including Yoga Asana postures.
- Learn the precise pronunciation of the Sanskṛit alphabet to receive the full benefit of chanting, mantras and pronouncing yoga poses. By properly pronouncing Yoga poses, mantras, and chants, we are able to gain the full potential of this experiential language.
- Learn how chanting the Sanskṛit alphabet can be used to balance and nourish the 5 elements in the body.
- Explore Devanagari and how to write it as well as transliterated Sanskṛit with correct diacritical markings.
- Learn the basic history of Sanskṛit
This course is available for 12 Contact Hours and 2 Non-Contact Hours Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits (CE). This course is immersive and participants are asked to remain focused and attentive through out the course. All participants will be asked to have their video screens on and ready to practice with the group. Students will be asked to find a quiet place where you can focus, and chant out loud with the group.
The course will be taught virtually via Zoom. November 13th-15th, 2020
- Friday 6-8pm
- Saturday 10:30am-4:00pm
- Sunday 10:30am-4:00pm
Saturday and Sunday course will include short breaks plus a 30-minute lunch break.
Kira Rafuse: has been studying, practicing and teaching Yoga for 16 years. Her love of Sanskrit deepened as she was living at an Ashram in India. She went on to study Ayurveda with Dr. Lad at the Ayurvedic Institute where she was immersed in ancient language of Sanskrit. Her Ayurvedic studies continued in Nepal where she studied with Dr. Sarita Shrestha. Most recently she has taken Sanskrit courses with Dr. Katy Jane as well as a course with The American Sanskrit Institute.