Weekend Series w/Kira Rafuse
February 26th - 28th 2021
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Your registration will be on a sliding scale with a donation for
Prison Yoga Outreach and Teacher Training Programs.
Deepen your knowledge of Sanskṛit and gain a comprehensive understanding of the ancient language of yoga and the Vedic sciences with this weekend workshop. All levels are welcome to join this live virtual learning course February 26th -28th 2021.
This course will fill your heart with bliss as we joyfully embrace the sacred vibrations of Sanskṛit, the language of Yoga. Students will learn the correct and precise pronunciation of the Sanskṛit alphabet giving them a foundation for yoga asana postures, mantras, and chanting. This approach will be fun and lighthearted as we immerse ourselves in the powerful vibrations of each Sanskrit sound.
This course will allow students to:
- Learn the foundations of Sanskṛit through the mythical and linguistic History.
- Deepen your knowledge of Sanskṛit, the ancient language of yoga and the Vedic sciences.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the Sanskrit Alphabet.
- Learn how Sanskṛit helps you along the Yogic path and grasp the subtleties of Yoga.
- Develop a foundation for how to correctly pronounce many common words in Sanskṛit including Yoga Asana postures and Mantras.
- Learn the precise pronunciation of the Sanskṛit alphabet to receive the full benefit of chanting, mantras and pronouncing yoga poses. By properly pronouncing Yoga poses, mantras, and chants, we are able to gain the full potential of this experiential language.
- Learn how chanting the Sanskṛit alphabet can be used to balance and nourish the 5 elements in the body.
- Explore Devanagari and how Sanskṛit is transliterated with correct diacritical markings.
- Audio recordings provided of chants, mantras and Sanskṛit alphabet
About this Course:
This course is available for 12 Contact Hours and 2 Non-Contact Hours Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits (CE). This course is immersive and participants are asked to remain focused and attentive throughout the course. All participants will be asked to have their video screens on and ready to practice with the group. Students will be asked to find a quiet place where you can focus, and chant out loud with the group.
The course will be taught virtually via Zoom. February 26th -28th, 2021
Saturday and Sunday course will include short breaks plus a 30-minute lunch break.
Sliding Scale with a donation for DAYA Foundation's Prison Yoga Outreach and Teacher Training Programs. We prioritize accessibility AND we appreciate students responsibly choosing the level of their own contribution for the investment in this course.
Reciprocity: Your investment contribution helps us to offer scholarships to students who are strong candidates for this training but who do not have the financial means to invest in it. These students have commitment to service to the greater good.
Mutuality: Your investment contribution helps us to provide adaptive, medically-sensitive yoga classes to students facing life-challenging and life-changing medical conditions.
Accessibility: We are honored to support you to attend this training and to utilize the skills gained in the service work you intend to do.
Kira Rafuse: has been studying, practicing and teaching Yoga for 16 years. Her love of Sanskrit deepened as she was living at an Ashram in India. She went on to study Ayurveda with Dr. Lad at the Ayurvedic Institute where she was immersed in ancient language of Sanskrit. Her Ayurvedic studies continued in Nepal where she studied with Dr. Sarita Shrestha. Most recently she has taken Sanskrit courses with Dr. Katy Jane as well as a course with The American Sanskrit Institute.